PARKERSBURG JOINT ELECTRICAL
APPRENTICESHIP AND TRAINING COMMITTEE, INC.
1847 7TH STREET
PARKERSBURG, WV 26101
NOTICE OF ELECTRICAL APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Parkersburg Joint Electrical Apprenticeship Training Committee has set a cut-off date of March 17, 2020, for taking applications for the 2020 selection process. Apprentices will be considered for selection in order of their ranking resulting from rating of interviewers.
Any applications taken after March 17, 2020 will not be considered until the following selection process. Applications are taken on a year-round basis. All interested applicants must apply at 1845 East 7th Street, Parkersburg, West Virginia. APPLICATIONS ARE TAKEN EACH TUESDAY FROM 8:30 A.M. UNTIL 11:00 A.M. AND FROM 1:30 P.M. UNTIL 3:30 P.M.
To qualify for oral interview an applicant must meet the following basic requirements unless he or she has a minimum of four thousand (4000) hours substantiated specifically in the electrical construction trade.
1. AGE: Be a minimum of 17 years of age – applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of selection and indenture.
2. EDUCATION: Be at least a high school graduate, or have a GED, or in lieu of a high school diploma or GED, have a two-year Associate Degree or higher, and show evidence of successful completion of: one full credit of high school algebra with a passing grade, or one post high school algebra course (e.g. Adult Education, Continuing Education, Community College, etc.) with a passing grade.
3. APTITUDE: Qualify for interview, by obtaining a score of “4” or higher, using the electrical trade’s aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
4. RESIDENCE: Must have resided in the jurisdiction for one (1) year prior to making application.
5. DRIVER’S LICENSE: You must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of Interview.
JURISDICTION: Wood, Wirt, Tyler, Jackson, Pleasants and Ritchie Counties in West Virginia.
The Parkersburg Joint Electrical Apprenticeship and Training Committee will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy or gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The Parkersburg Joint Electrical Apprenticeship and Training Committee will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
JEFFREY D. BURGE, SECRETARY
2-12-5t R, O